August 6th is the Deadline to Apply for $2,000 Grove Scholarship!Mon, 14 July, 2014 at 9:59 am
Students in approved Career and Technical Education Programs may apply for the chance to receive a scholarship worth up to $2,000 per semester.
The Grove Scholars Program Scholarship Application is due by August 6, 2014 in order to be considered for scholarships for the Fall 2014 semester. The program is open to all students enrolled in approved Career and Technical Education Programs and selections will be made by August 18, 2014.
The selection panel will choose up to 25 Grove Scholars to each receive up to a $2,000 semester-length scholarship. Selected scholars will also receive financial education and coaching, career counseling, and additional services coordinated by SparkPoint.
- Complete the Grove Scholars ProgramApplication.
- Complete the Free Applicationfor Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2014 ‐2015 academic year. (If youare not eligible to apply for federal aid, please visit SparkPoint to obtain an alternate application to complete).
- Enroll in an approved CTE program. (You must be enrolled in at least one CTE coursein your CTE program).
- Meet with a counselor to complete a Student EducationPlan (SEP) that includes: 1) at least TWO semesters of courseplanning; and 2) at least one CTE coursein the next semesterfrom the program you are pursuing.
- Maintain a GPAof 2.0 along with a 75% completion rate (applicable to continuing students only.)
- Maintain full‐time enrollment at SkylineCollege.
Submit your application by Wednesday, August 6, 2014, 5:00 p.m. in Bldg. 1, Rm. 1214 for consideration.
To obtainan application, pleasevisit the Grove Scholars page on the SparkPoint website. If you need more information about the eligibility requirements, programcommitments, and the selection process, contact Andrea Doffoney Anyanwuat (650) 738‐4239 or via e‐mail at email@example.com.
List of Approved CTE Programs
• Accounting Computer Specialist
• Administration of Justice
• Air Freight Forwarding
• Allied Health Science
• Asian Business Practices
• Automotive Entrepreneurship
• Automotive Technician
• Automotive Technician - Entry Level
• Automotive Technology: All Degree & Certificate Programs
• Biotechnology: Entry Level Biotechnology
• Biotechnology: Technician
• Business Administration
• Business Management
• Business General Supervision
• Central Service Technology/Sterile
• Computer Information Specialist
• Early Childhood Education:
• After School Program Assistant
• After School Program Associate Teacher
• Early Intervention Assistant
• Emergency Medical Technology
• Energy Systems Technology Management
• Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
• Family and Consumer Sciences
• Fashion Merchandising
• General Supervision
• Green Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
• Import and Export
• International Business
• International Logistics
• International Logistics: Customs Broker
• International Trade
• Lawyer's Assistant
• Legal Aspects of International Business
• Massage Therapy
· Administrative Medical Assisting
· Insurance Billing
· Office Assistant
• Multimedia Technology
• Ocean Freight Forwarding
• Office Assistant
• Office Management
• Paralegal, Legal Assistant
• Respiratory Therapy
• Solar Energy Technology
• Solar Installation
• Surgical Technology
• Telecommunications & Network Information
• Network Engineering
• Wiring & Installation
• PC Configuration & Repair
*Please contact an academic counselor in order to verify any unlisted CTE program’s Grove Scholarship eligibility. All listed programs are eligible for participation.Posted in: Featured