Mission of Middle College
The Middle College at Skyline College vision is to ensure that students are empowered to become contributing members of society and to achieve academic and career success through their intellectual, personal and ethical growth.
The Middle College at Skyline College mission is to ensure students graduate from high school and are prepared for college and careers through the integration of high school, college, and career technical education.
The Middle College at Skyline College goals are as follows:
- Establish a partnership(s) with the Districts to provide unique educational opportunities for selected high school students who are able to benefit from a challenging and stimulating program of study.
- Provide academic pathways for students to earn a high school diploma through agreements that incorporate articulation and concurrent enrollment courses.
- Provide career pathways options for students to earn high school diploma and a Career Technical Education (CTE) certificate to enter the work force.
- Provide post-secondary learning experience for students to earn units toward an associate degree and/or transferring to an institution of higher education.
- Assist students with their effective assimilation into a college environment by providing requisite support services that promote academic success and social well-being.
The Middle College at Skyline College program outcomes are as follows:
- Retention Rate: 90% of all Middle College cohort students will continue from one academic year to the beginning of the next academic year. Measurable through student enrollment data, transcripts
- Good Academic Standing Rate: 90% of all Middle College students will meet the 2.0 grade point average performance level required to stay in good academic standing. Measurable through student GPA data
- Graduation Rate: 90% of Middle College students will graduate with a high school diploma. Measurable through graduation data
- Career Technical Education Certificate: 90% of Middle College students who elect to enroll in a CTE program will make progress toward a certificate Measurable through certificate or continued enrollment in CTE program
- Academic Success: 90% of Middle College students who choose a degree pathway will earn units toward an associate degree and/or transfer to CSU/UC. Measurable through college transcript, associate degree, California State University/University of California acceptance
The Middle College at Skyline College student outcomes are as follows:
- Earn a high school diploma. Measurable through graduation.
- Complete minimum of 6 college units per semester with 2.0 grade point average. Measurable through college transcript.
- Establish college and career goals. Measurable through certificate or progress toward a certificate, college admission, Student Education Plan, 5-year Career Plan.
- Participate in internship/community service experiences. Measurable through student portfolio, earned work experience credit.