Welcome to the Writing & Reading Lab
What can I do at the Writing & Reading Lab?
- Receive one-on-one or group writing and reading assistance
- Learn writing and reading computer software programs
- Strengthen skills using handbooks and handouts
- Attend workshops
- Use our Virtual Writing & Reading Lab for access to writing and grammar guides, advice on research and documentation, and valuable websites.
Benefits to enrolling in the Writing & Reading Lab:
- You can work with any of the teachers or tutors in the lab; you decide!
- There are no assigned meetings; come into the lab whenever you want.
- There is no homework; we help you on reading or writing assignments for any of your other courses.
- You are not graded (the course is credit/no credit), but you receive college credit for getting assistance on your existing assignments.
How Do I Enroll?
Sign up for an LSKL (Learning Skills) class through WebSMART.
LSKL 803 (free, repeatable, zero units, non-degree applicable)
LSKL 864 (variable unit, see chart below)
Students can earn units of credit as follows:
- 0.5 unit = 24 hours = approximately 1 ½ hrs per week
- 1.0 unit = 48 hours = approximately 3 hrs per week
- 1.5 units = 72 hours = approximately 4 ½ hrs per week
- 2.0 units = 96 hours = approximately 6 hrs per week
- 2.5 units = 120 hours = approximately 7 ½ hrs per week
- 3.0 units = 144 hours = approximately 9 ¼ hrs per week.