Online, Drop-in Tutoring
The Learning Center provides three options for drop-in, online tutoring. Access to all drop-in, online tutoring is available in the left navigation of your Canvas course shells.
- Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m-8:00 p.m.
- Friday, 8:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
*To access online tutoring with Learning Center tutors, click on TLC Online Tutoring in the left navigation of your Canvas course shells.
NetTutor: A third-party online tutoring service that offers tutoring 24/7 across disciplines (Discipline availability and hours vary). Skyline College Learning Center tutors are not available through this service.
*To access NetTutor tutoring click on NetTutor in the left navigation of your Canvas course shells.
You can also request a tutoring appointment with a Learning Center tutor!
The Learning Center provides online tutoring (synchronous: video or chat), email tutoring, and telephone tutoring by appointment. To make an appointment (email, phone and/or online tutoring) with a Learning Center tutor please submit a tutoring request form.
- Email Tutoring: TLC will be offering Email Tutoring for students that have a quick question/would like to drop-off an assignment for further guidance.
- Phone Conference Tutoring: TLC will also be offering phone conferences for students with quick questions about assignments. These will be 15-minute call conferences.
- Online tutoring by appointment: Online tutoring operated by Learning Center staff and tutors.
Students can also access online, drop-in tutoring and other Learning Center remote services through our LSKL 800 and LSKL 803 Canvas course shells. If you are not currently registered for LSKL 800 or LSKL 803:
- Go to WebSMART to register for LSKL 803. This is a free, non-credit course that simply provides access to tutoring (CRN 40809
- Request to be added to the LSKL 803 Canvas shell by sending your name and G# to: firstname.lastname@example.org