Credit and Refund Policy
- To be eligible for a credit or refund, a student must officially withdraw from a course within the stated deadline as displayed on WebSMART Class Schedule Summary for exact refund dates. If registration occurs after the refund date for a class, no refund will be available.
- For summer or short courses, withdrawal must occur within the first 10% of the course (often this the first day).
- If you decide not to attend classes, it is your responsibility to officially withdraw within published deadlines to avoid penalty grades and fee obligations. A withdrawal initiated by a professor may not result in a refund.
Issuance & Balances
- A student may either maintain a credit balance on account or request a refund.
- Refunds are not issued automatically. You must contact the Cashier's Office at (650) 738-4101 to request a refund.
- Credit balances remain on student accounts for a maximum of five (5) years.
- Fees paid by personal check(s) require 10 business days for bank clearance before refunds can be processed.
- A $10 non-refundable processing fee (plus an additinal $50 processing fee for nonresident tuition) will be retained by the College if a refund is issued to a student withdrawing from all classes. A refund processing fee may be charged only once per semester or summer session.
Financial Aid Refunds
- Students who receive financial aid and withdraw from classes are advised to call the Financial Aid Office at (650) 738-4236 regarding possible repayment of federal funds if received prior to withdrawal.
Refunds Due to Action of College
- Fees will be credited or refunded if an action of the College (e.g. class cancellation) prevents a student from attending.