Credit and Refund Policy
- To be eligible for a credit or refund, a student must officially withdraw from a course within the stated deadline as displayed on WebSMART Class Schedule Summary for exact refund dates. If registration occurs after the refund date for a class, no refund will be available.
- For summer or short courses, withdrawal must occur within the first 10% of the course (often this the first day).
- If a student decides not to attend classes, it is their responsibility to officially withdraw within published deadlines to avoid penalty grades and fee obligations. A withdrawal initiated by a professor may not result in a refund.
Issuance & Balances
- A student may either maintain a credit balance on account or request a refund.
- Refunds are not issued automatically. You must contact the Cashier's Office at (650) 738-4101 to request a refund.
- Credit balances remain on student accounts for a maximum of five (5) years.
- Fees paid by personal check(s) require 10 business days for bank clearance before refunds can be processed.
- A $10 non-refundable processing fee (plus an additional $50 processing fee for nonresident tuition) will be retained by the College if a refund is issued to a student withdrawing from all classes. A refund processing fee may be charged only once per semester or summer session.
Financial Aid Refunds
- Students who receive financial aid and withdraw from classes are advised to call the Financial Aid Office at (650) 738-4236 regarding possible repayment of federal funds if received prior to withdrawal.
Refunds Due to Action of College
- Fees will be credited or refunded if an action of the College (e.g. class cancellation) prevents a student from attending.
Other Registration, Refund & Waiver
- The Student Body Fee is fully refundable by the deadline stated on the Class Schedule printed each semester. For short courses or for late-start courses, the deadline to waive the fee is 10% of the period of instruction (often this is the first day).
- Variable Unit Courses: No enrollment fee or nonresident/international student tuition refund or credit will be available to students enrolled in variable unit courses who earn fewer unit of credit than the number for which they originally registered. Students earning additional units will be charged accordingly.
- Exceptions to the refund policy may be authorized by petition to the Extenuating Circumstances Committee in cases of unique and extraordinary circumstances beyond the control of the student.