Skyline College’s Center for Transformative Teaching and Learning (CTTL) serves as a hub of innovation and professional development where faculty, staff, and administrators will find resources and opportunities that will help them strengthen student learning, engagement, support, and success. Through the integration of pedagogy, technology, and innovation, the Center provides an environment and tools that support the transformation of teaching and learning needed to empower and transform a global, diverse community of learners.
The CTTL includes The Learning Space, where Skyline College employees come to experiment with the latest educational technologies and engage in conversations about teaching and learning, best practices, professional development for Classified staff, and other related topics.
What’s Available at the Center
- A series of regularly scheduled Workshops on How To’s, Best Practices, Trends in Education, and Professional Development opportunities.
- One-to-One assistance with WebAccess, use of Smart Classrooms, and other instructional software and technologies.
- A Critical Conversations Lounge where faculty can engage in discussions about teaching and learning while enjoying comfortable chairs, calm and beverages.
- An online Video Library with short how to’s and copies of webinars and presentations affecting education.
- An experimental classroom, The Learning Space, where workshops are hosted and a place where faculty can come and experiment with classroom technology.
By enhancing the experience of teaching and learning through innovation, technology and pedagogy, the Center for Transformative Teaching and Learning supports the Skyline College vision of inspiring a global and diverse community of learners to achieve intellectual, cultural, social, economic, and personal fulfillment.
The Center for Transformative Teaching and Learning (CTTL) is the foremost provider of educational and instructional resources for faculty, staff and administrators at Skyline College. In short, the Center is a “hub” of innovation where the transformation of teaching and learning occurs. Through the integration of pedagogical and technological instruction, as well as the promotion of best practices, collaboration, research, inquiry and reflection, the Skyline College community enables student success to empower and transform a global community of learners.