On-Site Child Care
The Skyline College Child Development Laboratory Center (CDLC) provides the following childcare services for students, staff, and faculty of Skyline College:
- Child care and early education experiences from 7:30am – 5:00pm during the calendar year
- Three nutritious meals served daily
- Observation and assessment of children’s typical development
- Resources and referrals for a wide variety of supports for children and families
- Parent information and workshops on topics relevant to families with young children
- Home-visits and/or conferences to discuss children’s development and school readiness skills
Eligible student parents may be placed on a waiting list. For more information, please call (650) 738-7070.
Child Care Referrals
- For San Mateo County, the resource and referral (R & R) is the Child Care Coordinating Council: 4Cs of San Mateo County also known as the 4Cs of San Mateo.
- The Online Child Care Database includes approximately 1,000 childcare providers in San Mateo County. The database includes licensed providers as well as some programs that are exempt from licensing.
- Help finding child care in San Francisco County
Child Care Subsidies
Parents can apply for subsidized care and search for providers through 4Cs of San Mateo County, who can also recommend providers that offer other financial assistance. To apply for subsidized child care in San Mateo County, fill out an application . Application requests can also be made over the phone or in person. All applications must be returned to the San Mateo 4Cs by mail, fax, or in-person.
CalWORKs students—including those who received benefits within the last 2 years—immediately receive approval for subsidies. Non-CalWORKs students are put on a waiting list and are less likely to receive state-funded child care subsidies; however, subsidized care from individual child care centers exists for these parents.