The Stewardship for Equity, Equal Employment and Diversity (SEEED) Advisory Committee assists Skyline College fulfill its commitment to celebrate the intellectual, educational, and social benefits of diversity. In doing so, the committee will:
- Provide stewardship for the college's value related to campus climate.
- Oversee the college's equality in employment opportunities and make recommendations to the district EEOAC regarding fair and effective hiring policies.
- Support, provide or promote training in cultural proficiency.
- Provide support and assistance to equity and diversity-related projects and activities, and facilitate engagement in campus issues related to equity and diversity.
- Support and promote educational initiatives that result in intercultural awareness and respect for diversity in students, faculty and staff.
SEEED members are appointed by campus constituent groups from Associated Students, Academic Senate, Classified Senate, Management Council.
The mission of SEEED is to ensure equity at all levels at Skyline College. We will address issues of inequity at all levels of the institution by fostering a culture of critical consciousness and promoting equitable representation, access, and distribution of resources.
- Student Equity Plan 2022-2025
- Student Equity Plan 2019-2022 - Executive Summary
- Student Equity Plan 2015
- Skyline Equity-Driven Systems Change Model (2012)
- Stage 3 Culturally Responsive Strategies (2012)
- Stage 3 Visioning (2012)
- The Equity-Driven Systems Change Toolkit (2010)
- Minnesota Diversity Framework (2009)