Thank you for your interest in the Anesthesia Technology program at Skyline College. The application period for the Fall 2022 cohort is now open from January 15th-June 1st.
Thank you for your interest in the Anesthesia Technology Program at Skyline College. Students are admitted into the program once a year only.
The Anesthesia Technology Program is a special application program. Twenty five (25) applicants will be accepted per year. To be considered for the program, students must meet Skyline College admission requirements, meet the program prerequisites, submit the complete application package, and show evidence of good health.
Prerequisites to apply:
The following college-level courses must be completed with a “C” or better:
- English: ENGL 100, 105 or equivalent
- Intermediate Algebra: MATH 120 or equivalent
- Chemistry with a lab equivalent to CHEM 192 or CHEM 410
- Human Anatomy with a lab equivalent to BIOL 250
- Medical Terminology equivalent to HSCI 484 or MEDA 484
- CPR for Healthcare Providers equivalent to EMC. 425 (You must hold a current American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) card upon application.
- Required completion by the end of the first semester of the program = Human Physiology equivalent to BIOL 260
All academic prerequisites must be completed by the application deadline. An unofficial transcript/final grade report must be submitted at application. Applicants unsure as to which courses meet the prerequisites should consult their college counselor or the counseling department at Skyline College at (650) 738-4318.
STEP 1: Apply to Skyline College
Follow the steps to enroll at Skyline College.
STEP 2: Complete the Anesthesia Technology Online Application
Applicants must complete the Anesthesia Technology Online Application (Available on this page, January 15 - June 1 of each year.) Please be prepared to answer all questions in one sitting. The application will take approximately 20-30 minutes to complete. Please make certain to have:
- Information ready to complete prior educational history and prerequisite grades, such as copies of transcripts.
- Information ready to complete a brief medical history on any chronic conditions or communicable illnesses.
- PDF or Word format file of an approximately 500-word personal statement ready to upload, meeting these directives: In your own words, please write a description of your skills and abilities that would help you in your work as an Anesthesia Technologist. Describe situations where you demonstrated Accountability, Promptness, Responsibility, Assertiveness, Honesty, and Teamwork.
- PDF or Word format digital copies of all unofficial transcripts showing completed
prerequisites. NOTE: Foreign transcripts will need evaluation by:
- International Education Research Foundation Inc
Post Office Box 3665
Culver City, CA 90231-3665
Please ask for an evaluation for placement in a community college. It must include description of upper or lower division and grade awarded.
- International Education Research Foundation Inc
STEP 3: Submit Three Letters of Recommendation
Applicants must submit three (3) letters of recommendation. Applicants should download the Standard Form to use for recommendations. A general letter is also acceptable, as long as it addresses all of the qualities in the Standard Form. Please read the instructions on the reference form before giving them to the recommenders. The following are suggested categories for recommenders:
- Dean, counselor, principal
- Teacher or instructor
- Health care workers
- Employer or supervisor
- Leaders of community organizations (volunteer, church, or club)
Recommendations from close friends or relatives will not be accepted. Completed recommendation forms may be uploaded during the application process, or emailed to Tammy Wong, Program Services Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that there must be a complete recommender signature, an official digital signature, or must be emailed directly from the recommender to be accepted. You may also drop them off at the Science/Math/Technology Division office in building 7, room 7130. We do not recommend mailing the letters.
Please Note: Your application will not be considered COMPLETE until you receive verification that all three steps are complete.
Questions? Contact Tammy Wong, Program Services Coordinator, at email@example.com.
After acceptance, once notified, students will be instructed on procedures to successfully complete a Health Screening examination and immunization record, as well as a social security referenced background check and drug test. Personal cost will be associated with these tests.
Return All Application Materials To:Email: Tammy Wong, Program Services Coordinator; firstname.lastname@example.org We do not recommend mailing application materials, but should you choose to do so, you do it at your own risk. USPS Mail: Tammy Wong
3300 College Drive
San Bruno, CA 94066
Clinical Affiliate Requirements
Clinical affiliates require the following; as such, they are required upon acceptance to the program. Do not send any of these documents until requested to do so.
- Evidence of good health in the form of Physical Exam report signed by a practicing physician
- Verification of all immunizations pertinent to health care personnel--TB, Tetanus, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Hepatitis B, Chickenpox
- Cleared social security referenced background check
- Cleared drug screen
For Further Information, Please Contact: