Career Services Center
Your Life. Your Career.
Whether you’re interested in short- or long-term career planning, the Career Services Center offers a variety of services and activities to assist you with your specific career needs. Our counselors and staff can help you develop a personalized plan that addresses your specific goals.
The Career Services Center works with you to identify your work values, personality, interests and abilities as they relate to your work preferences. With a counselor, you can explore suitable career choices that match you as an individual.
Drop in or call to make an appointment today to get started!
Doing well and doing good go hand in hand. Every other Monday between 10am and 2pm a local organization will be located in the Fireside Dining Room (Building 6) recruiting students and community members for volunteer opportunities. Make a Difference Monday is an excellent way for you to find ways to give back to your community and empower others!
Check out our calendar for specific dates.
Every Wednesday between 10am and 2pm, an employer (or two!) will be located in the Dining Hall (Building 6).
Get Work Wednesday is a great opportunity for students to meet with local employers who are actively looking to hire on the spot!
Get Work Wednesday Tips:
- Bring a resume
- Have a positive attitude
- Think of questions about the company/companies in attendance
- Dress in appropriate clothing (while employers won't expect you to be in a suit, it's important your hygiene and clothing choice won't turn off a potential employer before they get to know you!)
If you need any help preparing a resume, getting ready for an interview or have any questions related to Get Work Wednesday, drop by the Career Services Center. We're happy to help!
The Career Services Center offers both the SII (Strong Interest Inventory) and MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) Career Assessments. These assessments can help you determine your personality, interests and skills which can be helpful when determining a career pathway.
You can make an appointment with a career counselor by calling 650-738-4337 or visiting the Career Services Center in Building 1 Room 1219B.
Once you complete the assessment, you should schedule an appointment to meet with your career counselor to interpret the results of your assessments.
CRER 137: Life and Career Planning is a course designed for students who are undecided about a major or career direction.
The course provides a comprehensive approach to life and career planning. Interest assessments provide insights into a student's abilities, interests, and personality. Students will also explore occupational trends and ways of learning more about specific careers. Individual conferences are available to students as well as use of the Career Services Center. Transfer credit: CSU (E1). Note: This course covers material similar to that of CRER 132, 135 and 136 combined.
Students can use Skyline College's career website, SkylineJobs.com, to do the following:
- Search for job postings from local employers interested in hiring Skyline College students
- Utilize the Resume Builder tool to write and design your resume and/or cover letter in a quick and professional manner
- Learn about internship and community service opportunities
- Plug in to the Career Services Center at Skyline College and learn about upcoming workshops, career events, and job fairs on campus
- Link your account to your Facebook or LinkedIn accounts and get continual updates on events, internships, jobs, and more!