Thank you for your interest in the Central Services Technology program at Skyline
College! The program begins once a year in January during Spring semester. Applications
accepted from July 1 - October 15.
There are no formal prerequisites, however:
- Students must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Since communication in the health care environment is of extreme importance, we recommend that applicants be eligible for English 846 or equivalent
Admission into the Central Service Technology program is by special application only.
- The application is a 3-step process described below: Skyline College Application, Central Services Tech Application, and 1 reference letter
- Twenty-five (25) applicants will be accepted each year
Admission to the Central Service Technology Program requires the following application requirements:
- Complete the Skyline College application
- Make a note of your Skyline College ID (G#) when received via email
- Collect one (1) reference letter
- Complete the Central Services Technology special application
Available July 1 through October 15!
- More information will be emailed upon application submission
Students admitted to the program are required to complete a satisfactory physical examination, immunization documentation verifying freedom of communicable disease, a social security referenced background check, and drug test (at an additional cost) in order to officially secure their seat. All courses must be taken in sequence. A minimum grade of “C” is required in all Central Service Technology courses.
Clinical Affiliate Requirements
Clinical affiliates require the following. As such, they are required upon acceptance to the program. Do not send any of these documents until requested to do so.
- Evidence of good health in form of Physical Exam report signed by a practicing physician
- Verification of all immunizations pertinent to health care personnel -- TB, Tetanus, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Hepatitis B, Chicken Pox, Covid-19
- Cleared social security referenced background check
- Cleared drug screen
The physical demands of a Central Service Technician can be challenging. The following required abilities are necessary:
- Sit or stand up to eight (8) hours per day
- Capable of lifting and carrying 30 pounds (13.6 kg)
- Hear and communicate without visual cues
- Practice in a confined space under stressful conditions