Faculty and Staff Resources
The DRC is committed to providing faculty and staff support as they work with students with disabilities. If you have any questions or concerns about accommodations, please contact the DRC at (650) 738-4280 or email the DRC Coordinator.
Test Accommodation Requests
Please provide the DRC with detailed information and instructions about your test so we can proctor it to your specified conditions.
Accommodations: the Instructor's Role
How to connect a student to the DRC
- Have a DRC student ambassador make a short presentation in your classroom. Contact the DRC to schedule an ambassador visit.
- You may discuss your concerns with a student and refer them to support services on campus, including The Learning Center and the DRC.
- Do not ask if the student has a disability. You can ask what kind of support services have been used in the past.
- Ask the student if he/she would be ok with a check-in from DRC to learn more about the services. Contact the DRC to schedule a DRC check-in.
Note: If a student mentions having an IEP or 504 Plan from high school, the student is automatically eligible for services at the DRC. You can walk the student to the DRC if you are comfortable doing so, have them stop by, or ask if DRC can contact them to set up an appointment.
If a student wants to record classes: DRC's policy
- Recording is for personal use only. An instructor's consent is first required if it is to be shared.
- Recordings cannot be used against the instructor or other students whose comments are recorded.
- The instructor can request that the recorder is turned off when there is discussion of confidential information which is not appropriate to be recorded. Material covered while the recorder is off cannot be put on the test.
- The instructor can request that recording be deleted at the end of the semester.