Welcome to the Office of Planning, Research and Institutional Effectiveness (PRIE) at Skyline College. Reporting to the president, our work is driven by the Mission-Vision-Values of the college and is dedicated to supporting the institution's Education Master Plan and strategic priorities as outlined in the Strategic Plan. We provide planning, research and assessment services to help better understand and serve our community and our students and support the planning and decision-making process at Skyline College that focuses on student success. All research conducted and used for dialogue, reflection, planning and decision-making comes from data that are accurate, tested for validity and significance, current and complete, and derived from reliable sources.
To make a request of the PRIE office and/or view some of the projects we are currently working on, please click on the PRIE Projects link on the left. We look forward to working with you!
- Skyline College Fact Sheets
- Mission - Vision - Values
- Balanced Scorecard (BSC)
- Skyline College Balanced Scorecard Goals & Strategies 2013/14-2015/16
- Integration Matrix of Goals, Equity Vision & Strategic Priorities
- Strategic Planning and Allocation of Resources (SPARC)
Research and Assessment
- California Community College Chancellor's Office Student Success Scorecard
- Degrees & Certificates earned 2009/10 - 2013/14
- Degrees & Certificates earned 2009/10 - 2013/14: by Age, By Gender, By Ethnicity
- Licensure Pass Rates and Job Placement Rates
- Nonresident & International Enrollment
- Program Review Data
- Student Preparedness Levels 2008/09 - 2012/13
- Student Preparedness Levels (disaggregated) 2008/09 - 2012/13
- Student Progression to Transfer-Level Coursework
- Skyline College Persistence Rates 2007/08-2011/12
- Skyline College Student, Employee and Community Feedback
- Skyline College Student Transfer Data 2009/10 - 2013/14
- College Plans and Year-end Reports
- Education & Facilities Master Planning
- Integrated Marketing Plan
- Integrated Planning Schedule 2007-2019
- Skyline College Strategic Plan 2012-2017
- Skyline College Integrated Budgeting and Planning Calendar 2014/15
The mission of the office of PRIE is to help develop and institutionalize necessary planning and assessment structures and knowledge (i.e. research and assessment) ensuring the college continually revises and meets its mission and goals.
Service Area Outcomes
- Faculty, staff, students, and administrators will be able to participate in a transparent institutional planning process focusing on student success.
- Faculty, staff, students, and administrators will be able to access research conducted by the PRIE focusing on student outcomes and their impact of institutional goals and strategies.
- In support of institutional effectiveness, faculty and staff will receive guidance and support in the development and implementation of assessment strategies dedicated to better understand the impact of current practice.