English Learner Services (ESL / ESOL)
The ESL Connect at Skyline College makes college possible for non-native English speakers. We assist with:
- Applying to Skyline College
- Enrollment in classes
- Support for all English Learners (Students and Non-students)
- English Practice
- Using resources and services on campus
We also help non-native English speakers understand every aspect of financial coaching and assistance as well as other SparkPoint services.
Enrollment in ESL classes
- Getting Started: We help you apply, arrange your placement tests, make an appointment with a counselor, and get your orientation to college.
- Academic Counseling: We help you pick your classes, plan your education, and prepare for a career.
Support for all English Learners – Students AND Non-students
- Financial Aid Application Assistance: We help you fill out forms and understand all the processes.
- Information in multiple languages: We can prepare you to understand the differences between U.S. education and education in other countries.
- Explanation of other helpful services such as financial coaching, workplace readiness, and food assistance.
English Practice for Students AND Non-students
- Unlimited access to computer programs to practice English.
- Free conversation groups every week.
For information in multiple languages, and to learn about our office hours, resources, and events, visit the ESL Connect website