Mathematics Engineering Science Achievement (MESA)
MESA is an academic enrichment program which helps educationally disadvantaged students excel in math and science and graduate from college with degrees in math based fields.
Founded in 1970, the MESA program serves pre-college, community college, and university students at over 90 sites throughout California. Skyline College's MESA Program is part of the MESA California Community College Programs (MCCP).
MESA Students at Skyline gain access to:
- A Dedicated Student Study Center
- Academic Excellence Workshops
- Assistance in the Transfer Process
- Career Advising and Internships
- Field trips to universities and industry sites
- Free Tutoring: check current schedule
- Information about Graduate School
- Scholarship Resources
To join MESA, you must be:
- a US Citizen, permanent resident, Dreamer, or DACA
- First-generation college student
- Demonstrating financial need by receiving financial aid
- Intending to transfer to a 4-year college
Students who are not eligible are still welcome to participate in MESA activities on campus. Check out the STEM Center to explore other STEM opportunities.