Skyline College Technology Support
Technology Equipment & Services Overview
Get Internet & WiFi Services
There are several options for finding internet and wi-fi services to meet your needs.
- Have internet service through an existing plan? Use a smartphone or mobile hotspot while you are on the go. Learn more about internet service options.
- Don't have internet service through an existing plan? Learn more about the following
- Borrow a hotspot from your campus technology loan program (available for registered students)
- Visit campus for free wi-fi at the Library and other campus locations
- Find a local public library, coffee shop, or other destination that permits use of wi-fi
- Employees: Discuss options with your supervisor
Borrow Technology Equipment
Technology equipment may be borrowed from your college, Library, or occasionally from another specific program or department. Technology equipment available for loan includes Chromebooks, graphing calculators, wi-fi hotspots, headphones, adapters, and more. When campus is open, technology equipment may also be used in the library's drop-in lab.
Skyline College Technology Loan Program
Students who need to borrow a Chromebook, hotspot, or calculator in order to complete coursework, may come to the library to request a device. Supplies are limited. Current enrollment at the college will be verified prior to issuing technology.
The drop-in lab is located in the center of the library (Building 5, Second Floor). Students have access to 40 desktop computers running Microsoft Windows 10. The drop-in lab computers feature up-to-date software such as Microsoft Office, Adobe software, and more.
All students and library patrons must adhere to the Skyline College Computer Use Policies at all times.
Learning Technology Support
If you are borrowing college provided technology (such as a laptop, wifi hotspot, or graphing calculator) and need help, please let us know how we can assist.
Unfortunately, we are unable to assist with personally owned computers.
Frequently Asked Technology Questions (FAQ's)?
We provide support for Canvas and WebSMART, as well as programs such as Microsoft Office and various Google apps to aid student success.
We do not fix hardware issues, remove viruses, or install software. Our support is focused on learning technologies and tools to aid you in your academic work.
Other useful technology support resources:
- Canvas login and FAQ
- Canvas help center
- Student email support
- Reset your student email password
- WebSMART support
Connect with Us: