- Prints are 12¢ per page.
- Purchase a Print/Copy Card in order to print in the Library or The Learning Center (it costs 50¢ in quarters to purchase; 25¢, enough to print two pages, is already on it).
- The Card dispenser is located in the library to the right of the Circulation Desk.
- We recommend that you write your name on the card back.
- To add money to your Print/Copy Card, insert it into the Card Reader located on the front on any copy machine and insert your money. Press the 'Eject' button to retrieve your card.
- The Library cannot issue refunds for unused money on cards, so we recommend that you only add as much money as you need to your card.
Printing from a Library Computer
- You can print from any program or application just go to the 'Print' window.
- When the 'Print Control For The Desktop' window opens up, type in either your your initials or your first name under Client ID. This window also will tell you how many pages you want to print and how much it will cost.
- Click on 'Print Document'.
Printing from Your Own Computer via Wireless
Wireless printing works with most standard web-friendly files, including .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, .html, .gif, .jpg, .bmp, and .png files. Note that Mac-specific files (e.g. Works, .wps or Pages files) will NOT print unless you first save them as a .doc, .docx or .pdf file (use “Save as”).
- Find the file you want to print on your laptop or PC, either in your files or directly from the web.
- Open the Library Wireless Printing page.
- A Skyline College Library printer will be pre-selected for you.
- Under the 'User Info' heading, in the 'Print Job Name' box, enter your first name or initials.
- To print a file from your computer: Choose the 'Select Document' heading, click 'Browse' to the right of the 'File or URL' box, and navigate to your document. To print from the web, copy the web URL address and paste it in the 'File or URL' box.
- Click the 'Next' button at the lower right of the screen.
- 'Printing Options' page: choose to print multiple copies or specific page numbers from your document. Click 'Print' at bottom right of your screen.
- When your print job has been sent to the printer, it will state: 'Your request has been processed'.
- We recommend that you record your job reference number at the bottom of the 'Document Status' page (in the event of a printing problem).
Paying For and Printing Your Document
All printed documents can be paid for and released at the Print Release Station next to the printers.
- Insert your Print/Copy Card in the Card Reader located on the right side of the computer monitor.
- When asked to type in your Student ID, type in EXACTLY what you typed in (either your initials or first name) at the computer you printed from.
- Click 'OK'.
- Your document will appear on the Print Queue.
- Click 'Print Document'. Your document will be printed on one of the Print Release Station Printers. Computers on Tables A and B print to the right printer; computers on Tables C and D print to the left printer.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I print multiple documents using the same print job name? Yes. After typing in your print job name correctly at the Print Release Station, you will see all the documents you have requested to print in the Print Queue. To select each document individually, press and hold the 'CTRL' key and click on the documents you would like to print. Then, press Print Document.
- Can I print from my laptop and then one of the Library's computers using the same print job name? Yes. Regardless of what printing method you use, ALL documents you print using your print job name will be listed on the screen.
- Can I print my document on both sides of the paper? Unfortunately, no. Our printers cannot support double-sided printing at this time.