The San Bruno Chamber of Commerce held its 1st Annual Excellence in Business and Community Awards Dinner on Wednesday, August 20th 2014 at the San Bruno Senior Center. The event was attended by approximately 200 Chamber of Commerce Members representing businesses from throughout San Bruno, including a table full of Skyline College attendees.
Skyline College was voted by the membership of the San Bruno Chamber of Commerce as a finalist in the non-profit category along with the San Bruno Lions Club and the Rotary Club of San Bruno. Each finalist was then asked to encourage their constituents to vote and the night of the awards, the winner would be announced. The college rocked the vote and won the honor of nonprofit of the year this past Wednesday! Dr. Regina Stanback Stroud, President of the College accepted the award on behalf of the college.
The following winners were announced during the dinner in their respective categories:
- Rookie of the Year: Carroll’s Meats & Deli
- Children’s Services: Happy Hall School
- Best Restaurant: Don Pico’s Restaurant
- Individual and Home Based Business: Karin Cunningham, Josie McHale, Robert Riechel (these 3 tied with equal votes)
- Small Business: Chapel of the Highlands
- Medium Size Business: Mollie Stones Market
- Large Size Business: Recology San Bruno
- Non-Profit: Skyline College
- San Bruno Volunteer of the Year: Pam Riechel
Thank you to the faculty, staff and community members who voted for the college to win this exciting award!
Article by Cherie Colin