Many of you submit material to be included in Skyline Shines. Thanks so much for taking to time to help me keep the college informed. Here are a few guidelines that will facilitate the publication of Skyline Shines each week:
- Send submission to email@example.com
- Submit your article by 2:00 p.m. on Thursdays; articles received after this time will appear in the following week¹s issue.
- Attach pictures to be included in the article to the email. Please do not paste them in the Word document as previously requested.
- Please submit photos that are less than 1mb in size.
- Don’t forget to add a headline/title to the article.
- Please make sure to indicate who wrote the article and who took the photos. We like to give writer and photographer credits.
- Use the following commonly accepted abbreviations: a.m. or p.m. (i.e. The event will be held from 8:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m. The workshop is scheduled to run from 9:30 a.m.-Noon.)
- Spell out numbers of one or two words. Use figures for numbers that require more than two words to spell out. (i.e., Almost eight years ago I began taking ceramics courses. And I counted 176 records on the shelf).
- If a sentence begins with a number, spell out the number or rewrite the sentence.
- Use the month, day, a comma and the year to indicate the date (i.e., March 4, 2011 not March 4th, 2011 or March 2nd, 2011).
- Add the word College when you refer to the name Skyline (i.e., Skyline College instead of Skyline).
Do you have a suggestion?
One way to submit it is through our general Suggestion Box.
For state level information on community colleges, see these websites:
The California Community College Chancellor¹s Office in Sacramento: http://www.cccco.edu/
The Community College League of California: http://www.ccleague.org/