Visa Application Process
International students residing outside the United States need to apply for an F-1 student visa. After acceptance to Skyline College, we recommend admitted students to follow the steps below:
1- Receive a Skyline acceptance letter and Form I-20 and review your personal information. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org immediately if there is any error.
2- Pay your SEVIS I-901 fee from www.fmjfee.com. Make sure to keep your payment receipt. If your spouse and/or children plan to reside in the USA with you while you study, they will be required to have individual Form I-20s, but they will not have to pay a separate SEVIS I-901 fee.
3- Visit https://ceac.state.gov/genniv to submit the Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-160)
4- Pay I-901 fee For I-901 (visa fee)
5- Find the US embassy/consulate near you to schedule a visa interview: http://usembassy.state.gov
6- Check the website of your local US embassy/consulate regarding specific visa application procedures and required documentation. Required documents may include:
- Copy of your online visa application (DS-160)
- Receipt confirming your SEVIS I-901fee
- Valid passport
- Passport-size photos
- I-20 and acceptance letter to Skyline College
- Financial evidence detailing source and amount of funding
- Academic transcript
- Proof of English language proficiency
- If your spouse and children are accompanying you to the U.S., be prepared to show proof of satisfactory funding and their passports.
7- Attend the visa interview at the U.S. embassy/consulate.
8- Inform the International Student Program at Skyline College as soon as you receive your visa (E-mail to email@example.com).