Tutoring Assistance and Counseling Through TRiO SSS
How do I get tutoring assistance if I’m in TRiO SSS?
To receive tutoring assistance, TRiO SSS students should enrolled in one of the following courses:
- MATH 650 - Mathematics Supplement* Individualized tutoring in math skills arranged and supervised in the Math & Sciences Lab.
- ENGL 650 - English Supplement* Individualized tutoring in reading and writing skills arranged and supervised in the Writing & Reading Lab.
- LSKL 800 - Supervised Supplemental Instruction* Individualized and/or group instruction in other subjects arranged and supervised by faculty and instructional aides in the Learning Center.
* Each course may be repeated for credit a maximum of three times.
Who do I work with?
- The Interim TRiO SSS Director is Raymond Jones, Ph.D. TRiO SSS applicants must complete an intake interview with the TRiO SSS Director to determine eligibility to participate in the program.
- The TRiO SSS Counselors are Jessica Lopez and Guillermo Villanueva. Students need to meet with a TRiO SSS counselor twice a semester to update their educational plan, discuss academic support needs, and review transfer plans.
- For help with English, Reading, and ESOL, the English Lab Coordinator is Mary O'Connor. TRiO SSS students should make appointments with Professor O'Connor to devise a study plan at the beginning of the semester.
- For help with math, the Math Lab Coordinator is John Chavez. TRiO SSS students should make appointments with Professor Chavez to devise a study plan at the beginning of the semester.