Grove Scholars Program
The Grove Scholars Application
for Spring 2015 is open!
The application is due to SparkPoint at Skyline College,
Building 1, Room 1214, by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 3, 2014.
Through funding from The Grove Foundation, SparkPoint at Skyline College is proud to offer a needs-based educational scholarship to students pursuing certificates in Career and Technical Education programs at Skyline College. The list of programs can be found by downloading the Grove Scholars brochure below.
Students may be awarded up to $2,000 for the semester. To date, one hundred thirty-eight $2000 scholarships have been awarded to Skyline College students. Scholars participate in financial education workshops and individual financial coaching, career counseling, and additional services to support academic success and goals.
To apply for the scholarship, students must:
- Complete the Grove Scholars Program Application.
- Submit a Personal Statement that includes: 1) A Statement of Need, 2) Academic Commitment, 3) Career Goals, 4) Job Motivation, 5) Scholarship Intent.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students not eligible to apply for federal aid may complete an alternate application
available upon request.
- Enroll in an approved Career and Technical Education program.
- Submit a Student Education Plan to be completed with an academic counselor.
- Have a 2.0 GPA along with 75% completion rate.
- Be a full-time student at Skyline College.
The scholarship is offered each semester and there is a competitive application process a student will need to complete.
For more information regarding the application process and to request assistance with the application process, students should contact SparkPoint at Skyline College (Building 1, 2nd Floor, on the Skyline College Campus) at 650-738-7035 or email@example.com.
In addition to the scholarship, which can be as high as $2000 per semester for up to two semesters, Grove Scholars receive financial coaching and an opportunity to build savings through individual development accounts.