Online SEP Request
A Student Educational Plan (SEP) provides you with a clear roadmap of the courses you need to take while at Skyline College to meet your education goal, whether it be to earn a Certificate, Associate Degree, or transfer.
There are many benefits to having a SEP:
- Because your SEP is based on your intended major, educational goal, and transfer colleges (for transfer students), you are guided to take only those classes that will meet your goals.
- Provides a clear time-line to graduation and/or transfer:
- Saves you time and money – Having a clear roadmap to reaching your educational goal assures you that you are not wasting your time taking classes that you do not need, while also saving you money by not paying for classes and books that you do not need.
Students submitting an online SEP request must meet the following requirements:
- Must have a clearly defined major.
- Need help choosing a major? Visit the Explorers Program webpage.
- Must be currently enrolled in at least 6 units at Skyline College
- Students who have completed coursework at a college outside of the San Mateo Community
College District –
- Must have submitted official transcripts of all colleges attended to our Admissions & Records Office.
- Students who have completed more than 15 units at a college outside of the district submit have a completed Transcript Evaluation Service (TES) evaluation posted on their Degreeworks.
Note: Requests will not be accepted from students who have a current SEP on file.
For transfer students, SEP requests are limited to 4 campuses. Students interested in developing a SEP that includes additional campuses should schedule a general counseling appointment for assistance. Appointments are available for in-person, telephone, or virtual (online) counseling appointments.
Only 1 (one) request may be submitted per semester.
You will receive an email within two working days from the date your request has been received notifying you if your request was approved or denied.