Wireless printing works with most standard web-friendly files, including .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, .html, .gif, .jpg, .bmp, and .png files
Note that Mac-specific files (e.g. Works, .wps or Pages files) will NOT print unless you first save them as a .doc, .docx or .pdf file (use “Save as”)
Wireless printing instructions
You can print a document from your laptop or PC, but first be sure you know where the file you want to print is saved. You can also print a document directly from the web.
- Click here to open the Skyline College Library PrinterOn page.
- Skyline College Library printer will be pre-selected for you.
- Under the User Info heading, in the Print Job Name box, enter a simple name, e.g., your first name or initials.
- Under the Select Document heading, click Browse to the right of the File or URL box to find and select your document on your laptop or PC. (If you want to print a document from the web, simply copy the URL--web address--and paste it in the box.)
- Click the Next button (triangular right arrow) at the lower right
- On the Printing Options page, you may choose to print multiple copies or specific page numbers from your document. Click the green Print button at the bottom right to print your document.
- The Document Status page will indicate the progress of your print job. When your print job has been sent to the printer, it will state: "Your request has been processed."
- It is recommended that you record your job reference number at the bottom of the Document Status page to identify your print job in the event of a problem.
Paying for and Printing Your Document
Pay for and print your documents at the Skyline College Library Print Release Station (at the front of Table D).
- Insert your Print/Copy Card in the card reader to the right of the Print Release Station computer monitor.
- Enter the Print Job Name exactly as you entered it in step 3 above and click OK.
- Your document will appear in the print queue. Click Print Document and your document will print on one of the two computers to the left or right of the computer monitor.
All printed documents can be paid for and released at the Print Release Station next to the printers. - See more at: http://www.skylinecollege.edu/library/pcprinting.php#sthash.bPMfPmI9.dpufAll printed documents can be paid for and released at the Print Release Station next to the printers. - See more at: http://www.skylinecollege.edu/library/pcprinting.php#sthash.bPMfPmI9.dpuf