Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program students will be able to:
- Conduct energy assessments of residential buildings, develop scopes of work for and to sell and perform home energy upgrades.
- Design and install residential solar systems; and perform basic cost estimation and sales based on utility costs and rebate and tax incentives.
- Develop portfolios based on current marketing and sales techniques, practices, strategies, and technology applied to case studies in various aspects of the construction industry and energy sector.
- Develop performance and productivity-based business and marketing plans, as well as management strategies and techniques for operations, sales, and finance for driving new business in these industries.
- Obtain industry recognized credentials from the Building Performance Institute (BPI) and the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP).