Cultures Connect Program
The Cultures Connect Program (CCP) partners ESOL students with fluent English speakers for informal conversation practice, language and culture exchange. It's a great opportunity to learn about other cultures, practice your language skills, and make new friends.
Here’s what you need to know:
- All participants must have a current valid my.smccd.edu email address.
- Partners are matched by culture and language interests.
- Partners meet for one hour a week at a location and time that suits both people. Meetings continue weekly for the rest of the semester.
- If practicing language exchange, English and the other language should have equal practice time (30 minutes each per 1 hour meeting).
- CCP is not a dating program. Please keep your meetings friendly and professional.
- CCP is not a tutoring program. Do not do each other’s assignments. Any connection CCP has with your course work is determined by your instructors.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.