Procedures and Requirements
Thank you for your interest in Skyline College Cosmetology or Esthetics programs. We are seeking creative, career-oriented students who have the ability and motivation to work independently under supervising instructors. In a collaborative learning environment students often work on each other to practice technical skills and communication. The cosmetology department has facilities for approximately 45 new students each semester, while the esthetics program can accept 34.
The Associate in Science Degree with a major in Cosmetology, the Cosmetology Certificate and the Esthetics Certificate require the completion of a special application packet to be considered for admission. Admission applications are not considered until all documents have been completed and received by the Cosmetology Department. The following components of the application packet are required:
1. Complete the Skyline College Application.
2. Complete all college matriculation requirements if you wish to pursue an AS or BS degree upon completion of Cosmetology Program.
3. Complete the Skyline College English & Math Placement Tests. The English Placement Test may be waived for those students who have completed an AA or BS degree.
4. Submit any unopened, official transcripts from former colleges.
6. Attend student orientation on one of the following dates: April 27, 2015; June 13, 2015 or July 13, 2015. A $50 uniform fee is due at orientation.
Send completed materials to:
Skyline College Cosmetology Programs
3300 College Drive
San Bruno, CA 94066