Message from the Athletic Director
Welcome to the Skyline College Athletic Program. Since 1969, Skyline College has beenproviding a solid education for our students both in the classroom and on the playing fields / courts. Our teams have won over 50 conference, regional and state championships. Our alumni have achieved success at the collegiate, Olympic, national and professional level after finishing their career at Skyline College. We are committed to creating opportunities for students to learn in an environment that will prepare them for the future. This commitment is evidenced both in our talented and dedicated coaching faculty and our upgraded and newly-constructed athletic facilities. We are proud of the academic success rate that Skyline student-athletes have achieved while participating in intercollegiate athletics. Many of our students complete their requirements to continue their athletic and academic endeavors at four-year institutions. An example of this is Kelly Huey who was named the 2012 California Community College Female Scholar Athlete and transferred to Concordia University on an athletic scholarship. We are here to help our students realize their goals and prepare them for their future.
Joe Morello, Athletic Director
Athletic Department Goals
As part of the overall mission of the college to empower and transform a global community of learners, Skyline College Athletics is designed to provide an environment that stresses critical thinking and skill development while encouraging personal growth, discipline, assertiveness, persistence, honesty, sensitivity and emotional control.
The goals and practices of our athletic program are:
- To sponsor intercollegiate competitive sports in accordance with conference rules and the State Athletic Constitution
- To foster broad programs of men’s and women’s intercollegiate athletics that are consistent with students educational objectives with an emphasis on retention, completion and matriculation
- To encourage excellence in performance by all participants in intercollegiate athletics, as well as recognize the link that exists between academic scholarship and athletic achievement
- To not allow the recruitment of out-of-state or out of area student-athletes as specified by the California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA)
- To direct recruiting efforts toward student-athletes residing in San Mateo County
- To participate in all activities within the conditions specified by the Coast Conference and the CCCAA
- To maintain or increase balanced athletic program offerings for both men and women as student, budget and community interest will allow
Program Student Learning Outcomes
The Program Student Learning Outcomes for Athletics are designed so that students who complete the program will be able to:
- Demonstrate an expert knowledge of the strategies and skills of the sport and utilize critical thinking to apply this knowledge and skills in competitive situations
- Demonstrate traits of good sportsmanship and teamwork in competition and practice
- Apply discipline and committment developed in practice and competition to academic achievement
Skyline College Mission Statement
To empower and transform a global community of learners
Please be advised that this site is the only sanctioned site that provides information about our programs. Skyline College does not sponsor any other athletic sites, and you are advised that information provided at other sites about our program may be inaccurate, misleading and is being displayed without the consent of Skyline College. Skyline College is not liable for any errors in content at this site or for any actions taken in reliance of any such errors.
Perspective student athletes from outside the Skyline College recruitment area must make first contact with the Skyline College Athletic Department. The contact can be by letter, e-mail, phone, or personal visit.
Intercollegiate Athletics at Skyline College is considered a transfer program. As such student-athletes who plan on transfer prior to receiving an Associate degree should meet with their coach and counselor / advisor and verify eligibility status...
Join a community of lifelong learners. No matter what you envision, at Skyline College you can take the next step toward your future. Our Admissions Department can help get you there.